Recently, the world’s largest streaming service for music, movies, and entertainment content launched its subsidiary in Australia. Yes, that is right – there is now US Netflix in Australia, which means that you can get to watch all of your favorite programming from Australia at last. But before you begin to celebrate, I would advise that you hold on and take a closer look. Because you might be thinking that since Netflix has now expanded into Australia then there should not be any difficulties. Unfortunately, there are and that was why I decided to write this article on how to get US Netflix in Australia.
The truth of the matter is that you would not be getting all of the premium content that is available to users who are based within the United States. I have not been able to understand why this is so. I mean, there has been so much advancement in technology these days which ironically makes it possible for us to stream virtually all manner of content from virtually any part of the world. So why should there be any sort of restrictions? It really does not make sense which is why a lot of tech enthusiasts are working tirelessly to enable us to unblock websites, and thereby to stay anonymous online.
US Netflix in Australia
In case you are wondering, Netflix can be accessed from Australia by making use of the authorized version for the Australia audience. However, this does not contain the premium content which is available to users in the United States. This means that anyone who is resident in Australia would only be able to stream the content that is available to Australia.
But there is no need to worry. If you are interested in getting the premium content, you would have to bypass the advanced identification systems of Netlix which they use to determine your location at each point in time. A lot of users make use of VPN services like the ever – popular and ever –reliable HideMyAss Pro VPN service. But there are now other ways of getting US Netflix in Australia.
How to get US Netflix in Australia easily
It is now wide-spread knowledge that you can unblock Netflix anywhere you are located in the world, even in Australia. All you need to know is how to do this. Below are some methods through which this can be done.
- First of all you would need a Netflix account. And for this you can go to Netflix.com.au and sign up for an account which would be a 30 day free trial one. After the free trial period, you are going to be charged so you should expect to see the charge on your card.
- On your sign up, you would need to make a selection from any of the three variants available. For me, I would advise that you can check to see how your internet connection works with Netflix by signing up for the HD variant which costs $11.99 every month. The other plans are:
- SD which has only one active stream: $8.99
- HD which has two active concurrent streams: $11.99
- 4K Ultra HD which has four concurrent streams: $14.99
- Next you can download the app for Netflix on the device that you would want to use it on, whether it is your smartphone, tablet, or PC. And it works easily with any operating system like iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Now you would need to make Netflix believe that you are in the United States. This would be accomplished by going for any of the reliable VPN services like the one previously mentioned HideMyAss. Others that are equally recommended are http://www.unblock-us.com, http://tunlr.net and https://www.blockless.com/. That makes it quite a sufficient list for anyone to make a selection from. What these services do is to make it appear as if your Australian device is located in the United States. This would now make your device to appear as if it is based in the United States.
Once you have undertaken all the above steps, voila! You are ready to enjoy the best and most up to date entertainment content that is available for rent through US Netflix in Australia easily. And guess what, you can also use this method to unblock Netflix anywhere and by so doing stay anonymous online.
Feature Image By BagoGames via Flickr